Mesothelioma Patient Stories
The stories of patients who have contracted mesothelioma are very similar. Many visit the doctor due to persistent cough or for pain in the chest area and are surprised by the diagnosis. Few suspect the presence of this deadly cancer, as many are unaware of the dangers related to asbestos exposure and have not been exposed to asbestos for many years.
The links below provide insight into the lives of mesothelioma patients. Some of these stories are related to prominent individuals, and the names of these patients are disclosed. For others, the names have been withheld to protect the privacy of these patients.
- Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr.
- Judge William Forbes
- Husband and Wife Both Develop Mesothelioma
- Favorite Teacher
- Couldn't Catch His Breath
- Second Generation Victim
- Asbestos From Many Sources
- He Wrote the Book on Asbestos Safety
- Asbestos Accountant
- He Didn't Even Work With Asbestos
- "Take Home Hazard"
- USS Forrestal (CV-59) Evolution 1981
- Asbestos Blue
- Steve McQueen